I ordered her a shirt and pants for her special day from Makmaydesigns . She did an amazing job, and we were so happy with her outfit!
My sister made this owl cake! I tried, but my attempt didn't work. She baked the batter in a bowl. Once it cooled off, she turned it upside down and frosted it. For the eyes she used Oreo halves and put more frosting for the eye color. The ears and nose are Starburst candy cut in half. The wings are piped on. Super easy, and super cute!
I made a nest out of shredded brown paper and put chocolate candy eggs in the middle. Not only did my sister make the cake, but she also dipped pretzels in chocolate and covered them in sprinkles. They are supposed to represent tree branches.
I also served deviled eggs, veggies, and salad.
I made a lollipop tree out of a cone, feather boa, and Tootsie pops. (How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know!) I wrapped the boa around and then stuck in the lollipop's. Yup, that simple! We also had ham salad sandwich (my mom's recipe) and little pigs in a blanket. Yummy!
If you know me, you know I love crafts! I bought 8 different birdhouses for the kids to paint, decorate, and take home. I wish I would have taken a picture before they started. I had paints, glitter glue, little chicks, and moss. Everyone had a great time, and they all turned out so amazingly awesome!
And it wouldn't be a birthday party without a pinata! I stuffed this little gal with neon feathers, bubbles, necklaces, owl stickers, lollipops, balloons, and parachute men.
Instead of a traditional cake and ice cream, we went with dirt and worms for dessert. It's from my own recipe I have here on my blog. We made a white version using vanilla pudding and Oreos.
The day was perfect! Overall I think everyone had a great time! The weather was 62 and sunny!
12 Things you did in a year
1. Surprised everyone you did by staying in till I was 37 weeks and 1 day. They told us it would be a miracle if you'd wait till 24 weeks!
2. Held your head up from the get go, and continue to show everyone how strong and determined you are.
3. Flew in an airplane twice.
4. You met and said good-bye to your Grandma Geno.
5. Rolled over and crawled at an early age.
6. Scared mommy by getting Roseola. I thought you had something far worse!
7. Came off of the bottle, but not without a fight!
8. Popped out 2 bottom teeth.
9. Said "mama", "dada", and "baby".
10. Learned that waving bye to people is fun. You love to get a reaction!
11. Decided that baby food was for babies, and you aren't one of those!
12. Made people believe in miracles. And miracles happen every day. That's why we have you!