Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Diaper Diary Day 1




As soon as Crazy O woke up I just went with it and put on her first cloth diaper.  I thought I'd try and keep the first one easy and go with an all in one (AIO).  I used a blue Thirsty size x-small.  All I had to do was just put it on and we were off. 


It wasn't as hard as I thought.  We were golden!  I can do this, and it's pretty easy.  It was time to put her down for her nap, and I made sure she hadn't gone.  She didn't so I kept this one on.  :)  A few hours passed and her morning nap was over.  I was so excited to go get her and see how well we had done.  To my surprise, the diaper was wet!  The whole thing.  I just wanted to cry.  I wasn't sure what I had done wrong.  I really want this to work.  I changed her and all of her bedding.  Then I called my friend to ask why the diaper was wet on the outside too.  Maybe I was to use a liner with this one.  I thought I had done everything correctly.  In fact, I did.  My friend assured me that it wasn't my fault, but Crazy O.  She had peed more than I thought she would.  Next time we'd just have to use an extra liner.  Sounds easy enough, so we went on our day in cloth. 



I went about my day, and it really didn't bother me like it did the day before.  I don't know why people make such a big deal about cloth or disposable.  To each his own.  Whatever works for you works.  :)  The second diaper I used I put on too tight.  Poor Miss Crazy O had elastic marks on her little legs and back.  The third one was perfect!  Not too tight, didn't leak and was just great.  It was a Bumgenius.  I just love these!  Pocket Diapers are the way to go.  I really loved this one.  Third times the charm.  Yay us. 


Hubby came home from work and sent me out for a few hours (how sweet of him!).  I came home to find Crazy O in a disposable.  He just laughed and told me that he didn't know how to put them on or work them.  LOL!  Not sure if he's really on board with this, or if he just wants to support me.  Only time will tell. 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad the bumGenius worked for you. I can't wait to hear what happens after her next nap. I'm really sorry the AIO leaked for you. I know that was a bummer of a way to start out, but like I said, a little bit of trial and error at first, and then you shouldn't have an trouble. As for hubby...give him time. Once he sees that they work the same as a disposable, and he changes her a few times when you're there to "supervise", he'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete