Friday, September 24, 2010

Not the week I wanted

This week was staring out great!  Monday Buggy went off to school, I had my muffin tin all done, and even make leg warmers.  Monday night I was hit with a bug.  Tuesday I spent most of the time on cold meds and laying on the couch.  I was so thankful hubby came home early to help take care of the kids and cook supper, because there is no way I could have done any of that!  I tried to wash my hands and stay away from the kids as much as I could, but Buggy was sick the next day!  She was so upset that she couldn't go to school (remember those days of wanting to go?).  After every nose blow, she'd tell me how tissues make her feel better and she can go to school now.  Poor thing.  She just wanted to go play with her friends.  I had to explain that if she went she'd get all of her friends sick, so it was best to stay at home and go next week.  She didn't like that at all.  She continued to tell me how she was better after every time she blew her nose for the rest of the day.  Then Thursday came.  I got a call from my sister that my mom was taken by ambulance to the hospital.  I tried and tried to get a hold of her, and nothing.  I called the hospital and found out she was in the ICU.  Are you kidding me?!?  What is going on here.  So I called and talked to her, the doc,my sister, my aunt ,and uncle. It felt like I spent most of the day on the phone.  (Buggy thought that too, because when I was off the phone for good, she picked up her phone and started to play with it.  She made sure to come tell me that she was on the phone and I needed to be quiet.  She called a lot of people.)  Turns out my mom was very dehydrated and had an extremely low blood pressure.  She also has a kink in her stomach.  This could be from the first surgery, or the cancer is growing and moving things around.  Let's hope for the first!!!  The low blood pressure could mean an infection so she's on antibiotics for that.  Her vitals are up and looking better, but she continues to stay in ICU until she's more stable.  As I sit here and write this at 4:45 a.m., I also want you to know that Buggy woke up screaming in her sleep.  Hubby and Punkie (our dog) is sleeping with her now.  I couldn't go back to sleep because of all the crazy added stress from earlier.  I have to wake hubby up in 30 min to get ready for work.  I'm sure this is going to be a very long day.  But hopefully a good day at that. 

I'm sorry to my readers that I haven't gotten back to.  Once the girls are down for an afternoon nap I am hoping to find some computer time.  It's nice to just relax and catch up with my readers and the many other blogs I follow.  Hope you have a great Friday and please, please, please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. 


  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear all this. You know that we keep you and your mom in our prayers all the time. Was Buggy okay? Bad dream? I hope you guys are all feeling better. Let me know if you want me to come take some small children off your hands for a bit. I know we could find a time to do that if you want.

  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Buggy feels better soon too.

  3. I just wanted to let you know that I awarded you with the versitile blogger award. :)

    You can see it at